Friday 16 July 2010

Sumiyoshi Zoo

I don`t think I`ve ever actually mentioned much about my halls...

Precisely one thing makes up for any inconvenience about them. My entire rent for 1 year has been less than ¥60,000. That`s about $450 (I mean pounds. Japanese keyboards...). In other words, about 1.7 months in Birmingham...

The wildlife certainly makes it interesting... Wild boars, foxes, monkeys, raccoons, MASSIVE spiders, even bigger hornets, Bats, massive butterflys and then what I can only describe as massive butterfly/bat hybrid things....

Oh, and it`s on top of a mountain! 20 minutes up a really steep hill from the nearest train station :-)

And best of all is the random people singing at all hours of the night. Really really badly. Last night I had the delights of the same 3 bars of "Eye of the Tiger" over and over and over again. At 1am. When I had to get up at 5am...

And who said Japan was wierd?

Gotta love the place...

No comments:

Post a Comment