Wednesday 2 December 2009

Osaka, Himeji and Green Coffee

I went to Osaka!!!!! Finally!!!! It was really big. Like really really really big. Totally unlike anything in Europe, it`s just overwhelming. It took me 30 minutes to find my way out of the train-station and then I just wandered about in a daze for a while... Oh, and Osakan accents are hard to understand...

I went to Himeji as well, which is where Japan`s most famous/best preserved castle is. The castle was amazing and really beautiful, but to be honest Himeji as a town is really really dull. Funny moment on the train there as well, when Chris mentioned "Wow, it`s really rural out here..." by which he meant you could see a field (singular). I guess that counts as rural after 2 months in the Kobe/Osaka/Kyoto metropolis....

All this getting around to other cities makes me realise how nice it is to live in Kobe; it`s not crazy big like Osaka, has better weather than Kyoto (even though Kyoto is a nicer city hands down), but is still pretty and interesting. And the view is nice.

Anyway, just to make a comment, Stevie, little ray of sunshine, said it was difficult to tell if I was enjoying Japan based on my blog. Just to let you all know, I`m having a great time here, don`t worry.

Oh, I was in Starbucks down in Central Kobe having coffee with a Japanese friend, when some random guy walks past and really really really obviously stares AT HER. Haha, welcome to my world lol. Oh, and while we`re on the subject, don`t let the spectacular green colour of Starbucks matcha frappuccinos`s tempt you, they`re terrible (I don`t know if I`ve mentioned this before but Starbucks, or Staba as it`s called for short has different food and drinks here)

1 comment:

  1. Hi tom, its tom campbell.

    Just thought i'd drop by and say hi.

    Good to hear you are having a good time, the blogs good as well. Keep up the good work and keep having a good time.

    Can't think of anything else to comment so i'll just say good day and good bye to you.

    ReplyDelete